Organic berries are small pulpy edible fruits that are free from synthetic additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and dyes. These are not processed under industrial solvents, irradiation, or genetic engineering. Its content should is generally 95% or more certified organic. The remaining 5% can only be foods or processed with additives from an approved list.
Download PDF Brochure @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=39560
Organic land use in Europe has witnessed high growth in terms of percentage area/land in use for organic farming. Countries such as Austria, Estonia, Sweden, Italy, Latvia and Czech Republic have a large percentage of agricultural land for organic farming, the percentage of land in use in these countries are as high as 15-20% of total agricultural land. Fruit farming also occupies a large share of organic land in use, countries such as Spain, Russia, Poland, Germany, Italy and the U.K. having a large proportion dedicated to organic strawberry farming. The consumption organic strawberries in these countries also remains high. Poland, Germany, France and the Netherlands have a high volume share of organic blueberries production. Romania, Latvia and Ukraine have a high organic cranberry production and consumption. Germany, Russia and Poland for gooseberries whereas Russia, Poland, Serbia and Ukraine have a relatively higher demand for raspberries. The organic farming of these berries have witnessed a strong positive growth in terms of volume. The area under organic farming has grown throughout Europe including countries such as Bulgaria, Croatia, Serbia and Italy showing higher growth rates. Globally, the North American region including Canada and the U.S are the largest producer and consumer of raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and cranberries. The organic farming of these berries have seen a significant rise in production as the demand for these berries has grown for both fresh and processed consumption. Food processing companies including breakfast cereals manufactures have introduced separate segments of all organic ingredient cereals with added berries of organic nature. The consumers demand for such products have pushed the market growth and a better part of organic berries is being consumed in finished products such as Muesli, jams and essentially cereals. In terms of import of organic berries, countries such as the U.S., China, Japan, Canada, Belgium and some South Asian countries hold a major share of organic berries import. The trade flow for organic berries originate from countries such as Vietnam, Thailand, Spain, Italy, and certain Oceania countries.
In the current scenario, organic products have a relatively low share compared to its conventional counterparts, but the organic trends have widely picked up and has been on an exponential growth with consumers willing to pay high amounts for organic fruits and organic fruit in the processed products as well. Manufacturers of breakfast cereals and baby food have focused in particular to this organic demand. A positive market growth for organic berries is highly likely due to its large share of usage in these products. Europe and North America are projected to be rapid growing markets for organic berries in terms of both fresh and processed organic berries consumption. Another usage of organic berries in fruit smoothies has led to a boom in demand in the developed countries which has had a positive impact in the market for fruit products and the demand from fast food chains is estimate to be on a continuous growth.
A rise in demand for different flavors and healthy fruits in Europe has shown great potential for market growth and some of the major berries producers and suppliers in the European region have reported major increase in demand from local end-product manufacturers. Some of the key manufacturers of organic berries include; Royal Ridge Fruits, SunOpta, Inc., Rainier Fruit Co., Driscoll’s, Inc., Wish Farms Inc., Small Planet Foods, Inc. (General Millls) among others.